Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Teacher
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
46856550
Type Your Question Here...

when you are a day trader, and you buy a stock, is it possible

when you are a day trader, and you buy a stock, is it possible to be stuck with the stocks and not be able to sell them?
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am happy to help on this question.

You need to make sure that, as a day trader, you are not restricted by your broker and actually able to day trade. As long as your account is set up as a daytrader, then you would be able to sell a lagging stock during the day if it was falling. However, if you are not registered as a daytrader with your broker, you might be locked in for a period of time.

CLICK HERE
for a page that has some additional resources on day trading and its ins and outs that might provide additional information on this topic for you. If you have any followup on this, feel free to reply back and I will be happy to provide additional info.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

can you buy a stock and sell like five minutes later? or is there some kind of regulation generally speaking ?

Yes, if you are a licensed day trader you can buy and sell as quickly as you like. You have to remember though that there are fees involved (and these vary depending on the broker) for every transaction.