TaxTom
TaxTom, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Years of experience of finding questions for employeers, family and friends.
21049508
Type Your Question Here...

I have an antique copper boiling tub for heating water. It

I have an antique copper boiling tub for heating water. It is oval shaped with wooden handles. The dimensions are 23" long X 13" wide and 13" tall. The lid and the outside are all copper with an interior of some type of other material

TaxTom :

Hello, The inside is probably lined with galvanized metal or zinc, what is your question?

Customer:

My question is "what is the retail value for the tub

TaxTom :

Does it have any maker stamped on the outside bottom?

Customer:

None that I can see

TaxTom :

If it does not have the lid retail would be $90 to $120 with the high being a boiler with very few dings. With a lid it could be worth between $175 and $200.

TaxTom :

Auction values have been running $40 to $60 without a lid.

Customer:

Would I be better advised to leave it in it's current condition or to polish up the brass?

TaxTom :

Leave it in its original condition, people will assume it is a reproduction if they see it all cleaned up.

Customer:

Thanks for your expert help !

TaxTom :

Your welcome,

TaxTom :

Please remember to click accept so I get credit for the answer. Thanks again Tom