Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

Can a seller see thelast 4 numbers of my credit card number

Can a seller see thelast 4 numbers of my credit card number on google wallet?
Hello, and welcome back to Just Answer.

It depends on the type of transaction and what source of funding you use to check out. If you use a one time use pre-paid debit card, the seller will see the last 4 numbers of your real credit card.

If you use Instant Buy transactions with Google Wallet, your full credit or debit card information is not shared with the seller. In place of this, a Google Wallet Virtual OneTime Card is generated and sent to the merchant to complete the purchase.

If you would like to see more information about Google Wallet, please click here

Please take a moment to Rate with Positive Feedback (Laughing), as that is the only way in which I am credited by the site for my time and expertise. Thank you very much, I appreciate it!

Please let me know if you need any additional information or have any further questions/concerns before rating, by clicking 'Reply', and I will be happy to continue our conversation.

PLEASE DO NOT RATE NEGATIVELY IF YOU HAVE ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS, CONCERNS, AND/OR NEED MORE INFORMATION; JUST CLICK "REPLY" TO LET ME KNOW HOW I CAN BE OF FURTHER ASSISTANCE. MANY THANKS!

To request me for future questions, simply type "For Cher" to begin your post and I will answer, asap.

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. So i have my payment method set to using my credit card connected to my bank account. when my transaction is done my screen shows xxxx-0000 the last four digits of my card plus my zip code, is this what the seller sees too?

Hi again, and thanks for your reply and your patience, as I was offline when you posted back.

Yes, if you don't use the Instant Buy transaction option, the seller will see the last four digits of your card, as you see it on the screen.

Best regards,
Cher