P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  45 years old, retired Marine Officer, current attorney
11181181
Type Your Question Here...

My wife has a car lease that is due to expire in August. Curr?ently

My wife has a car lease that is due to expire in August. Curr?ently she has a Toyata Rav4 and we are thinking of going with a Kia Sorento or Subaru Forester. There are some good lease deals going on now and I wanted to take advantage of those deals.

Is there a way to get out of the lease earlier without penalty?
Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Sure...if the dealer agrees.

A lease is simply a contract.

Once you have a contract, either side can propose a modification to the contract. If both sides agree? Then you have the modification.

I suspect it will not be free...but you never know...used cars are still holding value quite well. It may be the dealer has a buyer for the car and will let you out for little or no money

But they have to agree.

At some price they will. With only a few months left, I woud think if you paid a full month extra on the lease that would do it...but you have to negotiate this with the dealer.

BotXXXXX XXXXXne: this is possible...but you will need to negotiate this with the dealer with whom you will turn the rig in