Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years as information professional
Type Your Question Here...

What is the most heat and humidity resistant strawberry variety

What is the most heat and humidity resistant strawberry variety suitable for hydroponics? Temperatures will be over 100F with very high humidity. Thanks.
Hello, Thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

Strawberry plants are some of the hardest to grow in terms of hydroponics. It sounds like the area from which you live gets quite warm so difficulty with growing these wonderful plants.

On average, you will want to keep the heat at around 70F during the day and 57F during the night. Any changes to this will affect the plants production as too hot will produce less fruit and too low a temperature will produce smaller fruit or none at all.

With this said, I have gone ahead and researched from which to try that withstands heat and humidity from growers that have tried this method:

Evie 2
Titan: early midseason variety

For warmer areas of the United States which often have high heat and humidity, this site offers some variety from which to try that are similar to your 100F temperature from where you live: