Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Extensive experience in research and problem solving.
Type Your Question Here...

Im looking for a photograph of an iron baby cradle from the

I'm looking for a photograph of an iron baby cradle from the 1920's. It had a long tube that ran from front to back with a large spring in it and a hand crank that wound up the spring to swing the bed from side to side. Do you have any idea who would have manufactured this bed. It was used by my mother when she was born in 1927 -- I have one partial picture of the bed in the background when my brother was born in 1953.
Thank you for your help.
Susan [email protected]
Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes, I will continue to wait for an answer

Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.

Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Professional with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a Professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes continue

I found 3 pictures that come close to looking something like the picture you posted.

Please look at these links and see if they are what you are looking for. If not I can try and continue to look, but I cannot guarntee I can find the exact model you had.

Please let me know if these are helpful. Joan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The third image is the closest, (, however the one I'm looking for has a large metal tube covered spring that runs under the bed from end to end and a hand crank to wind up the spring. I uploaded a picture on my first post with the original question and you can see the bed in the background. Thank you for your help.

I searched high and low and could not find that particular cradle Picture. I know that type of Cradle was used in Pediatric wards in Hospitals at one time. I am afraid I will have to opt out and see if somone else can locate one. I will continue to look and if I can find it I will post it for you. Joan

Hello. My name isXXXXX recognize what is in your picture, and I think what you are looking for is actually called a "pediatric baby cot", or "pediatric childrens cot". And if you look by that description, you will find a number of various models available, some of which are very similar to the one in the picture. They are also sometimes referred to as "NICU" Cribs (Natal Intensive Care). The mechanism to adjust the bed can differ, but has a sumilar function. Here are some examples.

Also, I tried doing an image search by creating what the crib "would" look like with some digital "ehancement". Here's what the crib would look like if you had a picture of the entire item. Note: this is NOT an actual image - it's the image you provided digitally enhanced to show what the crib might look like.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you so very much!! I am in the process of putting together a photo scrapbook for my mother (born in 1927) and the first to use this crib. She wrote her own story and included a description of the bed in her story. This picture will be a great addition to the only picture we have of the bed. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX thank you!

You're welcome! I'm glad I could help!

Please remember to rate the level of service on my answer.

If you need anything else, please let me know!

Michael Hannigan, Internet Researcher
Experience: Extensive experience in research and problem solving.