SpecialistMichael
SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience:  Senior Information Specialist
65186368
Type Your Question Here...

Is the liquid supplement Intramax a scam? or are its claims

Is the liquid supplement Intramax a scam? or are its claims valid.
How can 1 supplement supply over 400 ingredients and have meaningful amounts of anything?
Category: General
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.

I am a Moderator for this topic. Your requested Professional, Lawtalk, is unable to assist at this time. Please let me know if you are still waiting and I will do my best to find another Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, please find the person on your Just Answer.com staff with the most expertise in this area, who would be able to fully answer this question...thanks again

Expert:  SpecialistMichael replied 1 year ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a sport performance specialist and CSCS with a masters degree in exercise physiology. I also possess a myriad of life cycle and sports nutrition academics and application experience in my "toolbox"

The reality is its not a "scam" per say but you're paying a lot of money for a ton of things that you should be getting through your diet(as in already included, nothing special) and really at most through a multivitamin. The issue comes in where supplements of any type are not required to list all ingredients nor do they have to be accurate in their label claims - this is through the FDA. For example, the manufacturing of amino acids(included in this supplement) are somewhat expensive to manufacture compared to other ingredients so really, despite wanting to provide a good product, they wouldn't need to provide any listed amount despite it being on the ll. The reality of it is, unless you paid a large sum of money to have the product deconstructed and analyzed there is really no way to tell what AMOUNTS of each ingredients are present.

The other part to this is the body 1) will only deal with certain amounts of nutrients at any one time be that an hour, day, week, and 2) and more importantly nutrients included in food are less processed but also have their own "vehicle" to assist in absorption. For example - we see kids with bad toilet habit, upset stomach and some diarrhea - would we give them a supplement to help regulate them? No way. We put them on the BRAT diet(banana, rice, apple, toast) because it provides quality nutrition and calories while providing a bland enough diet to regulate the GI tract and prevent irritation.

So for example the label says it contains 100mg of omega 3,6 complex - do they need to be accurate in the listing? No. Can you get the same amount from a less expensive Omega capsule or through natural sources which will be better absorbed anyway? Yes.

My recommendation is sticking to whole foods, non processed and then if you feel so inclined purchasing an omega complex and a multivitamin.

If you want to spend the money you are welcome to but keep in mind products like that are to profit, and by law they are NOT required to list all ingredients nor are they required to be accurate on label claims.

I would recommend saving the money and putting it into the basic supplement of a multivitamin and maybe an omega capsule then spending the rest on quality food you will feel much better both in energy and in the weight of your wallet.Smile

Please remember to take a moment to rate and please let me know whatever follow up information you need, if any.
SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience: Senior Information Specialist