Family Physician, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Researching answers to questions online for 20+ years.
1304720
Type Your Question Here...

This sauce is something one can get in Germany to put over

This sauce is something one can get in Germany to put over fresh mozzarella, etc. I can't find it here in the States because I don't know what it is. If I knew what the American equivalent is or something, I could maybe find it in a store if it's sold here. Can anyone assist? Here is a picture: http://i.imgur.com/ebRTI0r.jpg I'm going to be gone for a while, so no rush. I'll check in later.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

Hello.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

My name is Michael. I can help you with your question.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

This is actually an Italian sauce called Mild Creamy Basil

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

Or Basil Cream Sauce

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

The sauce preparation begins by melting butter in a saucepan. Mushrooms, cloves and onions are sautéed in this butter and combined with basil, chiles, tomatoes, and cream and cooked until the sauce is thickened. Parmesan cheese is added towards end of cooking. Freshly cooked beef ravioli is tossed in this sauce before serving.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

The "Mit" Acedo Balsamico means "with Balsamic Vinegar".

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

Here's a link to where you can get it online

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

Balsiamic Vinegars

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

The particular product in your picture is actually made in Vietnam - the manufacturer calls it "Seafood Sauce"

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

or "Chinsu Sauce"

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

So, while you saw it in Germany, it the name of the sauce would indicate that it's Italian, I think the closest match here in the US would be "Chinsu Sauce" which you can usually find in the market by that name or "CHIN-SU".

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

You can purchase this exact sauce from the manufacturer in Vietnam, Sovina Company Ltd, but you would need to clear out some space because the minimum purchase a 20 foot container :-/

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

I looked a little bit more and found the International distributor for the one bottled under the Kuehne name.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

Kuehne International

Michael Hannigan, Internet Researcher
Experience: Extensive experience in research and problem solving.
I would like to offer a second opinion:

The product that you show contains
Concentrated grape juice, Aceto Balsamico di Modena (wine vinegar, concentrated grape juice, colouring: caramel E150d, antioxidant: sulphur dioxide), modified starch, thickener: xanthan

I don't believe that Chin-Su sauce would be close to this product since it is a fish sauce. Balsamic vinegar is a traditional italian ingredient that tastes nothing like fish sauce.

Balsamic cream is made by reducing balsamic vinegar and concentrated grape must. Here is a source of just such a product here in the USA.
http://www.earthy.com/Earthy-Delights-Crema-di-Balsamico-Balsamic-Cream-500-ml-P125.aspx
Family Physician, Internet Researcher
Experience: Researching answers to questions online for 20+ years.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you both for your answers. The balsamic glaze is definitely it, and I have now purchased it in the Italian food section at my local grocery store. I used the information in the first part of the first answer, and when I came back to rate, the second answer was here, and it was spot on too! It definitely isn't fish sauce though :) Thank you very much. I'm a happy camper.