Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years as information professional
Type Your Question Here...

The contemporary Norwegian artist Odd Nerdrum was convicted

The contemporary Norwegian artist Odd Nerdrum was convicted of tax evasion (or something like that) and sentenced to 2 years in prison despite the fact that he had paid all back taxes. He appealed and was granted a new trial. Again he was found guilty, but this time he was sentenced to 2 years 10 months with the stipulation that he not be allowed to paint during his incarceration.

My question is, what is Nerdrum's current status? Is he in prison, scheduled to go, or has his conviction been struck down - or what? Most of the postings I've found on the Internet are not recent or in Norwegian. Can you find me some current information?
The modern painter has been dealing with the court system for quite a few years now.

Conducted some research on any recent news and last month (February 7) an updated story was published with his defense attorney talking of finally resolving this case: