Martin, Engineer
Experience:  i'm 41 and i never stopped studying and experimenting
Type Your Question Here...

There is an extraordinary service in the UK

There is an extraordinary service in the UK ( you can get the details on XXXXXXXl) that is called XXXXXXXXX. They do not exist in the US, yet, but are threatening to invade. I think this is a terrific opportunity for an entrepreneurialy minded programmer. My question:; Please locate an equivalent service in the U.S. For me. Thank you

Category: General
Expert:  DrKlahn replied 1 year ago.

DrKlahn :

Good morning, and welcome back to JustAnswer. I've just logged on and seen your question; thank you for requesting me.

DrKlahn :

This seems similar to the US's Amazon "Mechanical Turk" service.

DrKlahn :

"

HITs - Human Intelligence Tasks - are individual tasks that you work on. Find HITs now.

As a Mechanical Turk Worker you:

• Can work from home
  • Choose your own work hours
  • Get paid for doing good work"
DrKlahn :

"Ask workers to complete HITs - Human Intelligence Tasks - and get results using Mechanical Turk. Register Now

As a Mechanical Turk Requester you:

• Have access to a global, on-demand, 24 x 7 workforce
  • Get thousands of HITs completed in minutes
  • Pay only when you're satisfied with the results"
DrKlahn :

I am familiar with Mechanical Turk, having been on it for a couple of years before finally discovering JustAnswer. It has an unsavory reputation as being a venue where spammers pay to have email accounts generated on Google, Yahoo and other services for a few cents each. However, there is also a significant amount of real work being done there.

<span class="JA_chatAuthorName"Customer:

Actually it is far more sophisticated and flexible than mechanical turk. XXXXXXX (and I think you will find the XXXXX presentation very interesting and inspiring) deals with a very wide variety of tasks and skill sets

DrKlahn :

Unfortunately, I'm unable to view the presentation on my system. I'm working from the description in the text.

DrKlahn :

I'm going to have a look at their main site and see what I can discover.

DrKlahn :

Hmm. I don't think there is an equivalent to this in the US. The closest thing we have are Kelly and the other temp agencies. Certainly there's no company that manages volunteers in this way.

DrKlahn :

It looks like it has possibilities here in the US.

DrKlahn :

I think that since this question is not actually at the software/programming stage yet, it might do better in another category. The Research category comes to mind; they have experts who know how to look for this kind of information.

DrKlahn :

Will it be acceptable if I ask to have your question sent to the Research category?

Please do. I think you should really look at the XXXXXXX presentation. With your skills , a partner an $500 you could lprobably launch an incredible web site.

DrKlahn :

I'll see if I can get at the web site at a public wi-fi site; it definitely sounds interesting. I'm not sure what is blocking the access on my system.

DrKlahn :

Regarding the category move ... Here's what is going to happen. Since I've replied to this question, the transfer will not be automatic. A category moderator will review this session and decide if the transfer is appropriate. This may take some time depending on the availability of moderators.

Once the category change is made, the question will become available to experts in the new area.

You need not remain in this session while waiting for the next expert. When one of them picks the question up, you'll receive a notification by email (and online if you're in the waiting area.) You can then continue with the new expert.

DrKlahn :

Thanks for using JustAnswer again; our returning customers are our most valuable.

googleXXXXXXXXXX , then insert :"XXXXXXXXXX in the search box"

DrKlahn :

Forwarding your question now ...

Angela--Mod41348.6620998727
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Hello. For some reason the information you gave was filtered and only show as X to me "( you can get the details on XXXXXXXl) that is called XXXXXXXXX." Can you post it back or post it defferently so that the filtering system don't fiddle with it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok, will do.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

There is an extraordinary service in the UK ( you can get the details on TED) that is called Slivers of Time. They do not exist in the US, yet, but are threatening to invade. I think this is a terrific opportunity for an entrepreneurialy minded programmer. My question:; Please locate an equivalent service in the U.S. For me. Thank you

Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Ok, let me watch the video and come back to you after.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Fair enough, enjoy

Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
I don't know of any similar service in the US. There is all kind of online crowd sourcing platform but not for work that need to be done in person at a specific place.

Some work agencies allow that kind of work that said. I work for such organization because i need a minimum of physical work in a week to stay fit (too much computer work is not good for anyone). I told the agency my availabilities and conditions and they send me to companies or individual to be paid to flex my muscles instead of paying to go to the gym. The agency first told this was a weird request as a lot of conditions where present but they found that this allowed them to dispatch work they could not found anybody willing to do (because too physical or not worth the displacement time).

The closest i found in the US is this:
http://www.momcorps.com/home.aspx

In theory, any of those work agency could use the Slivers of time platform. In practice, it would need to be adapted to work laws of the country. So if you send the link to a work agency they might do the same as they allow me. It work better with a smaller agency. The only thing i lack compared to the one in the presentation is the web interface to easily allow me to write my availability but that is easy to do with something like Google drive document sharing.
Martin, Engineer
Experience: i'm 41 and i never stopped studying and experimenting