SpecialistMichael
SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience:  Senior Information Specialist
65186368
Type Your Question Here...

I have always wanted to learn to play the harp. What would

I have always wanted to learn to play the harp. What would be a good one to start learning on that sounds beautiful but is also economical?
Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I can wait, no hurry. Thnaks

The easiest and most economical way is going to be through proper instruction, perhaps at a music school or a specific harp playing school.

Reason being is the teachers are going to make sure you have the basics of the instrument and execution of its playing down before progressing you as well as teaching you the smaller nuances that would otherwise possibly never be figured out on your own AND giving you the correct information in a timely manner so you can progress your playing skills.

The next thing instructors are going to do is teach you better habits from simply knowing the instrument and keep you from developing bad habits that would... wait for it.... slow you down and otherwise cost you more money if you tried to do it slowly on your own.

The other way this will be more economical is they probably have a harp to play - so you wouldn't need to buy one until you were sure this is what you wanted to play and put your time into.

I would search for harpist instruction in your area and compare rates. Really, the best way to save money is to take quality lessons from those proficient in the instrument, you will save quite a bit more time and money than just randomly playing and trying to learn without corrective cue.

...and I agree, its got a really nice unique sound.
SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience: Senior Information Specialist