Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years as information professional
Type Your Question Here...

Hi I am learning German and I would like to know where can

Hi I am learning German and I would like to know where can I practice speaking german for free on Skype or some other way.
Hello, Thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

Fantastic that you wish to learn German as that was my language of choice to learn in my years in high school.

As for online learning, there are a number of great services to look at. Here are a number for you to review to see which service works best:

1. BBC put together a great online page for studying German for practice:

2. This service offers exercises for practice:

3. Deutsche Welle offers a very popular course in German used by many and highly recommended.

And if you want more of a comprehensive list, here is a great one with the ones I listed above as well as others to look over: