Bryan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Many years of internet research experience. I also run my own business.
Type Your Question Here...

kitchenaid model # XXXXX has a part # XXXXX sensor

kitchenaid model # XXXXX has a part # XXXXX sensor . Is this sensor called a turbidity sensor ? I dont know whate type of sensor this is in this model. I beleive a turbidity sensor will sense the dirtiness of the dishwasher water and if the dishwater water was filthy during the cycling , that this turbidity sensor could cause long cleaning cycles until it senses the water is fairly clean during the rinse cycles. The filter and grinding area of this dishwasher was filthy and clogged. So i assumed that if I cleaned the dishwasher drain and filter areas that this may fix the possible reason as to why this dishwasher model was having very long cycling times(3 almost 4 hrs) for cleaning and finishing the dishwashing cycle. I know a regular thermister measures temps also but I dont know if this sensor measures both temperature and the cleanliness of the water.

bryanpaul52 :

yes that is the turbidity sensor

Turbidity Sensor W10134017 Main Product View
Full Size Image
I would try cleaning the sump assembly and see if that helps. also do you know if the heater is working ?

yes its working I tested it and also during a cycle when I finished cleaning I had opened the door and steam was coming out.