SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience:  Senior Information Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

hi. not sure what category this belongs...shipped something

hi. not sure what category this belongs...shipped something a day ago using signature confirmation with usps along with insurance...clerk said both would give tracking, yet none is showing online...did she forget to scan? is there something new going on with their services as of this year? just says this service is not available for online viewing when i check....thank you for letting me know whey not showing...
My name is XXXXX XXXXX what time of the day would you say you shipped?

Does your receipt show a tracking number? I do not need this, just making sure you have a number on the receipt.
My name is Mike

You have nothing to worry about - the reason the tracking info was not updated was due to the weekend. USPS does not work on sundays, and they have limited hours and duties on Saturdays. When it comes to shipping mail, sat/sun is considered a "non-ship" day but it is considered a deliver(of mail already distributed) day as well as a collection day.

This also reflects on tracking as it probably has not left its main hub or even its office yet.

Don't worry though, it will updated, it always does. USPS is great about that despite having odd hours for distribution.

Today is Monday the 11th of March, check it near the end of the day and you should have an update as it is now considered a business day - the post office only considers business days as update days, unless a parcel is already out for delivery in the mail.

Please take a moment to rate my service when you have finished reading.