SpecialistMichael
SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience:  Senior Information Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

Hi. This question is for specialistMike.Hey Mike. What

Customer Question

Hi. This question is for specialistMike.

Hey Mike. What are good openers to be used at clubs with chicks?

Thanks a lot, man
Category: General
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

I have a few that seem to work.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

"Do you have a library card? Because I’m checking you out."

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

"Are you a parking ticket? (What?) You’ve got fine written all over you."

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

"Excuse me, I think you have something in your eye. Nope, it’s just a sparkle"

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

"Hey, I lost my phone number … Can I have yours?"

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

"Do you believe in love at first sight or do I need to walk by again?"

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

"You are so sweet you are giving me a toothache."

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

"My magic watch says that you don’t have on any underwear. (She says yes I do) Damn! it must be 15 minutes fast"

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

"If I received a nickel for everytime I saw someone as beautiful as you, I’d have five cents."

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

"If I could rearrange the alphabet, I’d put U and I together."

Expert:  SpecialistMichael replied 1 year ago.

Mike here, thanks for the request.

I will openly disagree with cheesy pick up lines only work with a minuscule percentage of people. One thing about gaming the opposite sex is that its a dynamic thing - its NOT a 1 liner situation especially with girls who don't go out with an open mind that would leave them "open" to be picked up.

The art of pickup is quite the complex because there are basically 3 stages: Opening, middle game and then closing. Closing would be defined as either "pulling", or actually getting the number or conversation that you wanted.

Give me a bit of time to actually figure out how to word this answer for you - its ALOT more complex than just a single line, in fact that should literally only be reserved for the movies as dropping a single line on a lady will leave you standing by yourself or with your friends the rest of the night.

Your question is showing up in my queue as "waiting for you". Do you need me for something, or are you looking for the other Mike, who I think you were requesting initially when I thought you were requesting me (because my name is Mike)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ohh sorry.. i was waiting for him.. could you somehow let him know that?

thanks

Yes, I will.

Ok Alex so bear with me on this and try to keep the dynamic of interaction in your head when you are reading this. Verbalizing things without showing you interaction is really hard to do for it to make sense.

(and believe me if I don't word this correctly I will be under fire from my female peers on the site here Smile).

The art of pick up is a seriously complex situation and requires tons practice and tons of failure to actually learn to "read" the dynamic, which should be thought of as training. Now the actual situation and its dynamics is really tough to explain verbally without SHOWING you but just follow me on this one. So when approaching a woman to talk to her you should not really give it the tone of "i want to pick you up" or "i want you" it literally should be something light and polite, witty in a sense, but also confident without being cocky(in most cases). In all honesty you should not care if she doesn't have any interest, but you still want to put in effort to see whats behind the first "layer". There is a dynamic of interest and physical attraction, honest communication and expressing your interest without being "cheesy"(unless doing it sarcastically, if you read her as someone who would respond), but also without being clingy. In other words, you should kinda show her you are interested in her, but really inside you should be a situation of really not caring..because in all honesty if you are looking to pick up it is going to be a game of numbers..ie. not everyone will respond and your "game" isn't going to work with all women. Keep it "light" is the name of the game.

The "game" everyone talks about is getting someone interested in you and there are a million variables to this. Some ladies like a challenge if a guy is maybe a "little" interested but not SUPER interested. Some women like a persistent guy, but not in a stalkerish way, more of a way like you just take her hand and pull her to the dance floor to dance if you are in a club. If she is being shy or acting like she doesn't want to, you can literally put it on her and ask her "why are you being so weird, its just a dance" put the "pressure" on her so that SHE feels weird for acting weird and she may respond by dancing which would be part of your middle game transition. The middle game part is basically getting her interested enough that either you "pull" or you finish it out by getting a number, a kiss, or whatever the case. At this point and again WITHOUT TRYING, you want to be having a good time enough time that she is too..again by keeping the situation light. YOu should note this is different that the somewhat aggressive physical game transition that some like to play - again it works in certain situations and is actually pretty successful even for less than handsome guys if they can practice enough. At that point it becomes less about the aesthetics of a person, though it definitely helps to be decent looking. Again though this is part of the read on each girl to what you FEEL she is going to respond best to.

There are girls that require more physical interaction, more overall stimulation to maintain interest, some are less work - every single one is different and thats where the practice and "read" comes into play over time.

In my travels, I have never met a woman that likes a clingy dude. They want to feel like they are worth "working" for. Even girls who I have approached that at very first word said they weren't interested ended up being very interested after some good effort. Some even werent interested because they had boyfriends but for the simple task of "practice" I would play the game. In fact, actually thinking about it, as long as I showed a girl I noticed her, I had more positive response by paying LESS attention to her than the other way around. But again, thats just how my "game" developed. Not everyone likes this or wants it this way - so keep this in mind as everyone is different.

So the easiest, best. high percentage opener is literally "Hi, my name is Alex" and put out your hand to shake it. Most will respond by saying their name, and shaking your hand. From this point on, the situation needs to stay "light" "careless" and "enjoyable" if she feels like a piece of meat, she will walk and you will need to keep "playing". So at this point you have a bunch of options but the idea is to keep her smiling, keeping the situation fun because once it becomes too serious, many girls fall off.

So really the best way to "practice" is just to talk to people, not even at the clubs. Supermarkets, stores, sidewalk conversation. A good goal is too try to get a woman smiling once a day. This doesn't need to be a compliment or something even remotely serious, just get a smile. An old saying USED TO GO "if you can get a woman to laugh you can get her to do anything" now this isn't necesarily true, but getting a woman to smile and laugh and creating a light, enjoyable conversation or situation going is a sure start.

I do this conversation/laugh/smile thing on a daily basis no matter where I am, and really I don't care what the outcome is because unless I wanted to persue a woman I probably would never see them again based purely on numbers. As long as I get a name and a smile and laugh thats success and the "in" to move along with whatever else I wanted to try. The other reason I do it is because its DARN enjoyable to make people laugh and smile plus it keeps me sharp on just dynamic conversations in general.

So in short there isn't a specific pickup line that is going to work, the easiest "in" is your name and your hand. From there you just have to keep the situation light(I don't like buying drinks by the way, I instead tell them(carefully) to buy me one) and as long as you practice practice practice practice, you will be able to convert your openers to having a fun middle game and eventually either pulling a girl or closing it in whatever way you want at the time.

You gotta get out there though and practice TOMORROW - if you want to be good at game, you have to practice and not give a care to the response if its less than what you wanted.

Got it? :)

SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience: Senior Information Specialist