Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Extensive experience in research and problem solving.
23511658
Type Your Question Here...

what does the term "its 4 leaf clover time mean?

Customer Question

what does the term "it's 4 leaf clover time mean?
Category: General
Expert:  replied 1 year ago.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

It's part of the lyrics to a song called 'S Wonderful

Michael Hannigan, Internet Researcher
Experience: Extensive experience in research and problem solving.
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
'S wonderful! 'S marvelous!
You should care for me!
'S awful nice! 'S paradise!
'S what I love to see!

You've made my life so glamorous
You can't blame me for feeling amorous.
Oh! 'S wonderful! 'S marvelous!
That you should care for me!

'S wonderful! 'S marvelous!
That you should care for me!
'S awful nice! 'S paradise!
'S what I love to see!

My dear, it's four-leaf clover time
From now on my heart's working overtime.
Oh! 'S wonderful! 'S marvelous!
That you should care for me!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

First of all in the context of this song, of course it is a positive thing, it being 4 leaf clover time. The song is burgeoning with romance, bubbling with extacy and desire. My real question was, can this idiom, or has this idiom ever been used in an exploitative fashion, or context. You didn't research it enough to ascertain all its possible meanings in literature, economics, or all the 360 degrees of its potential meaning. Nor did you give me the name of the lyricist 'swonderful. But thanks anyway. You did the best you could. Next time aim for exselcior, answers.

Thank you Maria.

I was in chat with you at the time when I provided the first sentence of my answer. Your entire question was "what does the term "it's 4 leaf clover time mean?"

If your "real question" was different, it would be best to express that real question at the time of asking it. I assure you - it's not the best I could do, but it is what you asked for.

It was composed by George Gershwin, with lyrics written by Ira Gershwin for a the Broadway musical Funny Face (1927) by Adele Astaire and Allen Kearns.

However, if you were to ask me for potential meaning in other aspects of society, I would say that, at least as far as I can tell, the phrase is nonsensical and has no meaning beyond it's oddly contrived use in a song.

I will do better next time. Just try to indicate the type of answer you are looking for. I can give you as little or as much information as you want on a given topic if I know what you are looking for.