Martin, Engineer
Experience:  i'm 41 and i never stopped studying and experimenting
Type Your Question Here...

I need someone for my CV and its objective and cover lette

I need someone for my CV and its objective and cover letter?

Abdullah XXXX

XXXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXXX

Objective

I have worked three years for King Abdul-Aziz City for Science and Technology designing and testing mechanical parts of 12 satellites. Some of my attributes are working under pressure without tension, fully understated of companies' needs of work needs and excellent mechanical engineer skills.

Experiences

• Arabian Air Conditioning Company Ltd. (Carrier). As Design Engineer From 9/2005 to 1/2006 (during college study).

• Nesma Company (contractor with Aramco). As Site Engineer from 10/2006 to 2/2007.

• King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology-National Satellite Technology Program. As Design Engineer from 5/2007 to 4/2010.

Education

• Master degree of Mechanical Engineering Technology from Pittsburg State University, USA (2010-2013) –Expected graduation May 2013.

• B. Sc. in Mechanical Engineering, from King Saud University

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia (2000-2006)

- Elective Course Have Been Taken:

Engineering Project Management, Quality management and control, System Engineering and analysis, Value Engineering, Quantitative Decision Making in Industry, Power and desalination plant, Refrigeration and air-condition l&2, Fluid machinery, Mechanical vibration Engineering, Engineering economy, Management of engineering.

Skills

• Engineering Design Programs: Soildwork, Solidedge, Catia, AutoCAD, and Thermica.

• Very Good knowledge in Microsoft Office programs and Apple Macintosh programs.

•  Very good knowledge in programs: Matlab - Ansys - SPSS programming.

• Able to endure pressure, adapt with any environment & work under any circumstances with little or no supervision.

- Languages: English and Arabic

- Hobbies: reading, traveling, photography and swimming.

Advanced Training

• Mini-MBA

• Solidwork

• OSHA 30 hours General Industry

• Total Quality Management.

• ISO 9001:2008

• SPSS Program.

Membership

• Saudi Council of Engineers, KSA

• Project Management Institute, USA

• American Mechanical Engineering Society, USA

Category: General
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It's ok for me to wait, so take your time and thanks in advance.

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Hello Abdullah.

The current objective is not an objective and you also have information there that is already in other places in your resume (don't give 2 time the same information, be concise).

The objective need to state the reason for your application on a job. That reason need to be tailored to the job you want.

In your experiences section, put the most recent on top as it is often the most relevant (from new to old starting from the top).

"
* B. Sc. in Mechanical Engineering, from King Saud University

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia (2000-2006)
"
I guess this part should be together with no line in between?

"graduation May 2013"
Can you also precise the day of the month? That may be important for some project manager and would also show your attention to details.

"l&2"
Use 1 & 2 instead.

I see that you like to travel. That can be an asset. If you saw many countries so far, you could ditch the hobbies section and include those countries instead. It show that you may know your way around and the culture of the places, 2 important things if you have to be dispatched to work at a customer office.

I don't see manual work in your skill set, only software. Consider adding any kind of tools/equipments you master as this is an asset for prototype production or production line consideration (welding, CNC etc...).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Good points thanks ! but I need to rewrite me Objective ! Could you help me with that?

" I have worked three years for King Abdul-Aziz City for Science and Technology designing and testing mechanical parts of 12 satellites. Some of my attributes are working under pressure without tension, fully understated of companies' needs of work needs and excellent mechanical engineer skills"

Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
I sure can do that. I will need a bit of info on the organization you are applying on. From that we can then extract some key elements that interest you engineering/science and specially apply it to that organization.

You sure could say: My objective is a big pay check but that won't fly hight :). It need your y=mx+b interest to intersect the organization y=mx+b need.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am mechanical engineer, proffisional desinger, and extremely aware of safety and quality issues in industry .

I am planning to apply for P&G company.

Here a some info. about what they are looking for:

"

What we look for Success Drivers

P&G’s edge over competition is down to its people. When we are inspired and at our best we are unstoppable. We have distilled this competitive advantage into a few basic ideas, explained below.

Throughout the hiring process we are looking for behaviours that demonstrate these competencies for success at P&G. We call them our Success Drivers.

Power of P&G Minds

This is our ability to out-think, out-invent and out-play the best competitors over time for the benefit of consumers. We want applicants to display infinite curiosity and be eager to create – this desire helps form the ideas that will move our business forward.

Power of P&G People

This is the competitive advantage that our people and people-systems create when they work together. We strive to create an environment that fully leverages our individual talents for the value of all.

Power of P&G Agility

This is our ability to be fast, flexible, responsive and versatile in complex and rapidly changing business environment. We need you to be ready to meet change head on and to be rigorous in your execution.

Our Purpose, our Values, our Principles (PVP)

At the core of this model is our PVP. It’s about our integrity and character, about building trust by being open, straightforward and candid with each other, our consumers and business partners.

Combined, these characteristics are our Success Drivers. "

Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Ok, good. So i assume that you apply for a job in general and not a specific position? Even if you apply "generally" your objective need to be focused on what you plan to do. P&G is not the first place i would think to go work for as a mechanical engineer, at least not with a burning passion. I assume you want to work on some plant startup, plant maintenance or production line design?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

exactly...

Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
"I am currently looking at a position at a company taking pride in being a market leader, where i can make a difference and complete interesting team projects. I need a stable but agile place that will recognize organized work done in timely fashion where i can apply all the versatile skill i gathered over time.

I can bring my effort to pursuing the P&G past success by bringing my experience at any point of the manufacturing process, from production line design to new plant startup and up to long term maintenance of production lines and contingency plans."

It does not need to be much longer than this, mechanical engineering is all about efficiency.
Martin, Engineer
Experience: i'm 41 and i never stopped studying and experimenting