General Jay
General Jay, Problem Solver
Experience:  General contractor, project manager, excellent problem solving skills, retired professional athlete.
Type Your Question Here...

What would i put in an old wool carpet to kill fungus in the

What would i put in an old wool carpet to kill fungus in the carpet that causes iching for human cats and dogs when walking on it. Is there a spray or powder to put in and vaccum off besides steam cleaming which would harm the wood floor under neath. I am ready to use foot funhus spray. Vingar water and baking soada was suggested in a steam machine but land lord wants none steam clean. What kills fugus from dirt and cats and old rug 1934. Got any sprays or powders that could be used then vaccum when dry
Thank you for using JustAnswer!

I have attached a link to a dry power product that is sprinkled on the carpet and then vacuumed. This product is effective for general cleaning and removing allergens, odor, mold mildew and dirt.,default,pd.html?keycode=

The product can be ordered on-line and delivered to your home.

Feel free to post any follow-up questions you may have.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Oreck has one for allergens and another to disinfect. Which one.? This link i taped on did not work so i looked up oreck.
You want the one for allergens. We sometimes use this product on carpets in homes that have been affected by microbial growth, but the homeowner does not want to dispose of the carpet.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Allergens one i will get. It will kill fungus and mold my allergies right???
Yes, that is what the product is designed to do. The age and condition of the carpet will be a factor as well, but this will help with the allergens.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Link didnt work but amazon has green 4 pound jar dry cleaner i is that it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Not correct i checked the happy face great service. Jd
Not sure I understand what you are referring to. The product I provided to you is designed to combat allergens, mildew and dirt in carpet. It will not restore an old carpet to its new condition, but it will help with allergens related.