A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience:  30 years in research
Type Your Question Here...

If one is going to send somebody an I Miss You card, what are

If one is going to send somebody an I Miss You card, what are some Bible verses that would be good to write in such a card? What are some Bible verses that are consistent with this gesture either because they talk about this gesture/topic or because they talk about Biblical characters that missed other Biblical characters? Thank you for your assistance.

Thanks for using Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to answer your question.

The word "miss" appears only a couple of times in the King James version of the Bible, and then it doesn't refer to "miss" as you want it to. Depending on the translation, you could look for other similar terms such as "longed for." Here are some from different versions of the Bible

Philippians 4:1

"Therefore, my brethren dearly beloved and longed for, my joy and crown, so stand fast in the Lord, my dearly beloved."

(American Standard Version):

"Therefore, my beloved brethren whom I long to see, my joy and crown, in this way stand firm in the Lord, my beloved."

Philippians 1:8

"For God is my record, how greatly I long after you all in the bowels of Jesus Christ."

(American Standard Version)

"For God is my witness, how I long after you all in the tender mercies of Christ Jesus."

Hope this helps a little,