Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

How can I start liking an activity I dont find pleasure doing

How can I start liking an activity I dont find pleasure doing using methods like NLP(neurolinguisct programing)?
Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i apprecciate the fact that you trying to find somebody : )

thanks a lot

Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.
Hello, Alex and welcome back to Just Answer.

NLP is an interesting theory and learning process, but is does not hold success for every person who uses it. There are many proponents of this methodology and there are also many detractors, who claim it just doesn't work. I believe anything is worth a try and the first step is to ask yourself the reasons why you don't like this particular activity and write them down. Then, on the same paper, write down what the personal advantages are to you, after you accomplish this activity. Besides feeling good about accomplishing it or knowing that it's 'over', there must be other benefits you will reap, after finishing this activity. If you find it difficult to come up with any advantages, dig deep and you will find at least one or two reason why doing this will be beneficial to you. You can promise yourself a 'reward' after doing the activity and this will help encourage you to get through it, and like it a little more than before.

Regarding NLP, it works only to the extent that the recipient believes in it, or believes that it works. The practices of NLP serve primarily to convince the person using it that something positive is taking place. If this is accomplished, the belief in the method itself may enhance and promote the person's ability to bring about changes in his own behavior or performance. In some cases, it has been proven that if a recipient does not even receive actual NLP, the results will be the same, the same amount of times.

In other words, the precepts of NLP, while good for many people to overcome phobias, fears, and dislikes of certain tasks may be very successful, learning the techniques and programs to help yourself overcome this dislike of the activity you now take no pleasure in doing, may help you change your mind and your ways and perhaps take pleasure in doing this task, or, if not deriving pleasure, at least push yourself through it, knowing it will benefit you in the end. Thinking positive and visualizing the task being over will help you get through it with less loathing of it, and then you will take pleasure in the fact you did it, it's over with and you will feel 'accomplished'. Plus, don't forget that 'reward' for yourself after you've finished!

I hope this helped.

Please take a moment to Rate with Positive Feedback (click happiest, smiley face), as that is the only way in which I am credited by the site for my assistance. Thank you very much; I appreciate it! Laughing

Please let me know if you need more information before rating, by clicking 'Reply' and I will be happy to continue our conversation.

To request me for future questions, simply type "For Cher" to begin your post and I will answer, asap.

Best regards,
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience: M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist