Lady Themis
Lady Themis, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Knowledgeable in a broad range of topics
11297241
Type Your Question Here...

If a college student accuses another student of academic dishonesty

If a college student accuses another student of academic dishonesty (plagiarism etc) is a He said She said accusation enough to warrant punishment by a college or does it have to be clear evidence/proof?
Thank you for your question.

Plagiarism and its recourse would generally be defined in the particular school's code of conduct. Plagiarism is taken seriously, and capricious and unfounded (he said/she said) allegations are often not even investigated without some evidence of the plagiarism. If the accused student is penalized, there is often an appeal system built into the code by which the student can seek a review of the determination.

I hope this answers your question. Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions, which I am happy to answer. Once you are satisfied, please kindly rate my service, as that is how I am compensated by the website. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What about cheating on an assignment? He said she said ordeal?

This would be handled in the same way that an allegation of plagiarism would be handled. These allegations are not taXXXXX XXXXXghtly, and more than accusatory evidence would be required for the school to take any action against the student.