Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.
Type Your Question Here...

I am interested in trading in a 2013 hyundai elantra--in excellent

I am interested in trading in a 2013 hyundai elantra--in excellent condition--appx. 3000 miles on it--can you please give me the appx trade in value?

The 2013 Hyundai Cars are not even listed as of yet in the Kelly Blue Book or on the tade in sites, but these are the values given for a 2012.

Very Good

I contacted a friend who is a Car Salesman and he said "you would do better to sell the car privately than to trade it in. Once you drive the car off the lot when new you loose about 25% of its value".

Selling privately should net you much more than trading into a dealership. If you take it to a dealership, you are most likely looking at $17,900-$19,500 depending on where you live, what the car has in it, body style and extras.