Martin, Engineer
Experience:  i'm 41 and i never stopped studying and experimenting
Type Your Question Here...

Is DOOLY considered an Irish name

Is DOOLY considered an Irish name
Hello and welcome. It seem the name come from 2 different sources. It can indeed be considered an Irish name but the true origin may be external to the island.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If the name comes from outside of Ireland can you suggest any other genealogical source of information. I have never heard my family mention any other country that they may be connected to.

The move from outside Ireland may come from VERY long ago (in fact everyone in Ireland come from somewhere else). It would probably be Great Britain or Brittany. The name is XXXXX XXXXX even recognizable in it's original source because Ireland is an island and communication were low at that time between those regions.