SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience:  Senior Information Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

fair market value of white pine logs 18/24 inch cal. 50/60

fair market value of white pine logs 18/24 inch cal. 50/60 feet tall approx 50 trees located in mid Illinois and where I can find buyers.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX you available and able to read this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Great. I have all the information you need for contacts and published pricing.

Scott, what information do you already have? I do not want to give you the same things you have already, if anything.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't have any information at all. What you have will be appreciated.

Great so I have all the information you need. It is somewhat regulated by the state, so you get the best possible price and to ensure the buyers are not stiffing you.

Timber should be purchased by licensed purchasers to ensure you get the best possible price on the the logs.

First, here is the complete list of Illinois licensed buyers for you -

Second, the most current price per board foot(bd. ft.) (as of today if there is no change) can be found by contacting:
John Sester
Staff Forester / Forest Products
Division of Forest Resources
Lincoln Tower Plaza
524 South 2nd Street
Springfield, ILNNN-NN-NNNNbr/> phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNN/strong>

However, the most current published pricing is listed here which is broken down by area(there are 3) as well as by all species of timber.

I do not see the white pine on that particular list, so in your case you need to contact Mr. John Sester at the information listed in bold who will give you current price on white pine.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So, the list of buyers you provided... are these hardwood buyers or buyers of pine also?

Pine as well - obviously each will vary on what they prefer to purchase or their reasons on purchasing but the list provided is licensed buyers for all timber because that what is required by state.

In other words you take risks seeking out non licensed buyers, which is why they are required to be licensed and have bond etc..