Martin, Engineer
Experience:  i'm 41 and i never stopped studying and experimenting
Type Your Question Here...

I dreamt that I was in the laundry room of an apartment building

I dreamt that I was in the laundry room of an apartment building and there was a pretty rug with appliques on it that looked like the shapes of eggs. I asked my friends to bring me the duck and her ducklings to show them the beautiful appliques of eggs on the rug. Suddenly I realized that a wolf was coming to get the ducks so I quickly asked my friends to scoop up the duck and her ducklings and hid them in a room upstairs in the building. The building had outdoor staircases. Just as the people were running upstairs to save the duck and her ducklings the wolf comes charging at us. I tell them to rush to the top to save the ducks and I would head off the wolf. I use my pocketbook to swing at the wolf to distract him from the getting at the ducks and then I wake up.
Hello and welcome. i would need more data to analyze that dream. What color was the egg and what color was the rug?

Do you have young kids (or someone close to you have some). Do you have older kids in some kind of problems?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The appliques which looked like the shape of eggs and the rug were all white.

No I do not have young kids. I have a 16 year old and he is not experiencing any problems nor anyone close to me.

The dream had a white mother duck and her baby ducklings and I asked my friends to gather up the mother duck and baby ducklings to look at the egg appliques. I guess I had thought they were real eggs until I realized that they were only appliques on a small rug on the floor of the laundry room.

I hope that clears things up.

Ok then it is not something bad about maternal instinct and fears for children (the part with having to defend from the wolf).

It may be something very normal. Some dreams have part that just are logical part following an initial genuine new part in the dream. For example the duck is logical for the egg and the wolf is logical for the duck, then the escape is logical for the wolf. The next logical part is something bad so that is probably why you wake up.

So the original "setup" was a laundry room and then the idea of "white". Perhaps you just made your laundry lately or started to think about re-decorate a part of the house.

In any case i don't see any particular omen in that dream that could be bad or some sign of future (good or bad) event.