SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience:  Senior Information Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

I am looking for a CD holder, I prefer to buy a new one and

I am looking for a CD holder, I prefer to buy a new one and not a used one, that can hold about 80 to 112 CDs and that can also fit inside a space of about 20 X 20. I looked at Wal-Mart and Target for one. But I was out of luck because with an age where Blue Rays and MP3s are coming, CDs are slowly becoming a thing of the past. I also checked Amazon, but I didn't find what I was looking for there either. I am also looking for a CD ONLY holder, not a holder that ALSO holds DVDs, Blue Rays, and other stuff. I am also looking for a CD holder that can hold about 80 to 112 CDs with the CDs still in the container they were in when purchased, not a CD holder that holds only the CD disc without the container/cover that it came in. Is there any place I can order such a thing with a credit card or something over the internet or over the phone? Thank you for your assistance.

Hi there! It's Mike again! I hope all is well with you.

Would you be ok with something that is a zipper style, binder type for your CD holder?

Could it be something that is free standing? Or does it specifically need to be portable?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello. I'm fine. Thank you. No, I am looking for kind of like a rack like CD holder that holds the container the CD came in when purchased as well as the CD itself and where each of the 4 sides of the CD holder can hold 20-28 CDs and their containers for a total of 80 to 112. Thank you.

OK sounds perfect.

I will make a list and get back to you ASAP.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

O.K. Thank you. I'll come back and check later on then. Thanks again.

Ok so it seems you were right, these are getting increasingly hard to find. I'm looking at BestBuy for you and found 1 spinning one, one that is stationary but has shelving for you to put some small decoration on to break up the monotony of straight CD cases, maybe with some books of your favorite artists or basic decoration.

I really really like BestBuy online. Returns are hassle free, quick and easy and they close to most major cities

So this first one is a spinning one, 216 Disc capacity which is more than you initially asked for but it seems there are SMALL ones with little capacity or bigger ones that would leave a bit more space.

Next one is the shelving one, its 19 wide, 7inches deep, but is 36 high, so 3 feet tall. The dimensions as listed I noticed a little mistake in them.;jsessionid=15D57C6486E397A507C1A56FA2007312.bbolsp-app04-23?id=1218164358370&skuId=9735301

See if you like these - I am going to scour the net to try to find even more it seems some things are getting limited or just barely not filling the gap that I would imagine most commonly desired.. Most of the towers were HUGE, like more than 4 and 5 feet tall but linear, so imagine all your CDs stacked in a single line - not very aesthetic for the room you're in.

Let me know what you think.