Michael
Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years as information professional
70951075
Type Your Question Here...

"FOR LIBRARIAN MICHAEL ONLY" Do you have any tips that would

"FOR LIBRARIAN MICHAEL ONLY"

Do you have any tips that would help a person, that too often makes decisions by NOT deciding, make a wise and the right decision? What questions can an indecisive person ask himself/herself in order to make a wise and the right decision when he/she likes a variety of things equally, but he/she can only pick one? I am talking here about a person that can spend over 24 hours trying to make a decision about something; however, he/she still can't decide. Thank you for your assistance.
Hello, Thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

Nice to hear from you again and happy to be of any assistance I can offer.

This is a topic that quite a number of us (including myself) has dealt with over their lifetime. It consumes your thoughts until you choose one outcome over the other, and even then may continue to bug you as you worry whether you made the right choice or not.

While all of us make many decisions without even thinking about them in our everyday lives, new and never often thoughts about decisions enter our lives.

With this in mind, I went ahead and researched some ideas for any of us to use when this common action happens:

1. List options with possible outcomes but do not act on any of them right away. Collect information from friends, family and co-workers to see what questions can be asked about any possible outcomes.

2. Look over your answers to the questions and see if any internal response happens. If one makes you feel upset, sad, or unsure; then do not act on those.

3. Review the desired outcome and what you would like to see as the end result.

4. After all of this review and analysis, act on these results and do not look back. Feel positive that you went ahead and did everything possible in order to achieve a decision you feel good about.