Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

hi im a disable vet, need help to find a optometric assistant

hi im a disable vet, need help to find a optometric assistant school
near edison new jersey

Hello, Edward and welcome back to Just Answer!

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

Are you looking for a school to attend in person, or an online program?

Looking forward to your reply with additional detail.

Hi again, Edward.

I've found the following information for you, at the links below. Although Optometric Assistants are not required to have a degree or certification in this career area, most optometrists and ophthalmologists would be more likely to hire an individual who does have formal training. Many optometrists will provide on the job training in the field, as well.

There don't seem to be any schools in New Jersey listed at the above site, but you can contact any of the schools to find out more information about possible online courses for optometric assistant and also contact the Commission on Paraoptometric Certification:

Commission on Paraoptometric Certification
243 North Lindbergh Blvd.
St. Louis MONNN-NN-NNNNbr/>
[email protected]

You will also find this helpful: CLICK

I would suggest calling and/or visiting optometry offices in your general area to ask if they are hiring optometric assistants and if they provide on the job training.

I wish you much good luck!

Please Rate with Positive Feedback (click happiest, smiley face), as that is the only way in which I am credited by the site for my assistance. Thank you very much; I appreciate it! Laughing

Please let me know if you need more information before rating, by clicking 'Reply' and I will be happy to continue our conversation.

To request me for future questions, simply type "For Cher" to begin your post and I will answer, asap.

Best regards,