Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years as information professional
Type Your Question Here...

Hi am not sure if this can be asked here, i just moved to

am not sure if this can be asked here, i just moved to the US and currently am in Northern Virginia, i don't like that it's very expensive overall and specially the housing.

i decided to use my savings to buy a house and also move from VA, would you help me to sort below cities based on these parameters

Affordability “Price to Median Salary”, Safety, Unemployment Rate, Family Friendly, Business Friendliness

Tampa, FL
Orlando, FL
Columbus, OH
Houston, TX
Sacramento, CA
Pittsburgh, PA

thanks and again am not sure if this should be here but help will be appreciated !
Category: General
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hello, Thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

Moving from one city and one state to another can be difficult as well as not knowing what type of community you are going to.

As for the cities you list, I have gone and listed data from statistics taken and collected that are in quite detail but should give you some background on the communities you are researching.

I would also recommend using services such as the US census as they have breakdowns by economic, business, as well as crime:

Another option to visit your local public library and look at travel books pertaining to that state that the city is located in. There will be general information on the area in terms of those visiting.

One last thing would be to review each cities government website as there if often information for those who wish to move to their city.