Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years as information professional
Type Your Question Here...

I will be taking a trip to Virginia by way of Amtrak but Ive

I will be taking a trip to Virginia by way of Amtrak but I've never done it before. I would like to leave out of Metropark in Iselin, NJ. Can I purchase my tickets there and where would I go to do that? Would I go to the big building right on the side of the train tracks?
Hello, Thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

Fantastic way to travel using Amtrak from New Jersey to Virginia. Often better than driving and relaxing at the same time.

As for purchasing tickets at the Metropark station:
Ticket Office Hours:
Located at 100 Middlesex Turnpike, Iselin NJ 08830

5:30AM - 9:00PM (Monday-Friday)
7:00AM - 8:30PM (Saturday)
7:00AM - 8:30PM (Sunday)
Ticket Vending Machines: 4 Eastbound in Shelter East of Elevator

You can also purchase boarding tickets online as well before reaching the station. If not purchasing ahead of time, you can use the automated machines outside or check with an agent who can offer assistance with ticket purchases.

Parking is in the large structure you will see as your turn into the station and ticketing should be to your left adjacent to the train tracks.

$5 to park in a multi-level parking garage adjacent to the train station. I have read one recommendation that you should park on the third floor as you can use the pedestrian bridge and easily walk to the platform.

Here are links for you to purchase tickets as well as pricing etc. for your trip:

Information on Metropark in NJ: