Joan
Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.
5071285
Type Your Question Here...

How much should a babysitter (not a daycare) get to care for

How much should a babysitter (not a daycare) get to care for a 3 year old and a 6 month old, 7 hours a day, 5 days a week?

The going Rate depends on the area you live in, amount of care needed per child. This is a calculator to help figure out what is fair: http://www.care.com/babysitting-rates

You will want to also check credentials for the sitter. Are they Red Cross certified in Infant and Child CPR and First Aid? A baby sitter with better credntials may charge a little more, but you get the security of knowing that your child is going to have emergency care if needed. I found that very important when my son was young.

In my area of Florida, the going rate for two children the ages you have given for 7 hours a day with a Red Cross Certified Sitter would range from $200-$250 a week.

You also need to consider if you have to take taxes out for the sitter or if they will claim to be self employed.

I hope this information is hellpful and you are able to get a good qualified sitter for the children.

Joan