A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience:  30 years in research
Type Your Question Here...

This is a general question that I cant seem to find online.

This is a general question that I can't seem to find online. What is the difference between malt liquor, which is a beer, and regular beer? For instance I purchased a 40oz of mickeys which is a beer but labeled as a malt liquor, and a 40oz bud light. Lastly what is the alcohol of mickeys malt liquor.

Thanks for using Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to answer your question.

Mickey's Malt is 5.6% alcohol. Bud Light is 4.2%. Beverages that exceed 5% are called malt liquor, lager or ale, and those below 5% are beer. The higher alcohol comes from added sugars and other flavorings. Because of the higher alcohol content it is easier to get drunk on malt liquor.

Best regards,