Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years as information professional
Type Your Question Here...

How does/can one budget their time? For example, what is the

How does/can one budget their time? For example, what is the daily maximum amount of time one should allow himself/herself to rest after work because he/she is tired? To watch TV? To daydream? What are other activities besides these that one can do where he/she would be using his/her time more wisely? Thank you. I appreciate any assistance you can give regarding this matter.
Hello, Thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

Budgeting time is like a financial budget as spending your money for your priorities is no different than your time.

A study done by The Bureau of Labor Statistics for 2012 looked at how Americans use their time. Quite an interesting read for sure:

In terms of allowing one to rest after work, a sleep researcher recommends that just 10 to 20 minutes is all you need to get the benefits of napping, such as alertness, improved performance, and better mood.

As for watching television, average is 2.8 hours a day per person. I would think it all depends on how one feels sitting instead of wanting to do other things that are possibly more productive.

As for daydreaming, studies from Harvard and others have the amount one spends between 30 and 46.9% a day. I would think after work, one can lower this amount to find the right medium for your needs.

Finally, for one to use their time more wisely, I can suggest this particular checklist among the many I found online. Actually something I will review for myself as well:

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The website you listed as the checklist to use time more wisely does not fully show on my computer end. All I see is the following:

DANGEROUS URL REMOVED/content/member/HealthInformation?Hea

and that's all I see. What is the rest of it? Thank you.

Long list that may not come out by just cut and paste. Try using the link again:

If not, then please go to Google and type in Ten Ways to Use Time Wisely UMR. It will be the first link you will see.