Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Teacher
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
Type Your Question Here...

If a person has a Bachelors Degree in Political Science and

If a person has a Bachelors Degree in Political Science and decides to also major in Economics, would he/she be able to get a Masters Degree in 2 years or less and end up with a Bachelors Degree in Political Science and a Masters Degree in Economics, or would it be like starting all over again and end up with a Bachelors Degree in Political Science and a Bachelors Degree in Economics? Thank you for your assistance.
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to answer your questions.

Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask this question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself.

This issue does not have a "definite" answer based on the information that you have provided. However, it is possible that this could occur. You would need to contact the university you are considering and discuss their admission requirements as they will differ by school. Most are going to want to see some math or economics at the undergraduate level - if you do not have the required courses you would need to take just the missing classes first at the undergraduate level before your admission into the graduate program. In addition, most will require GRE scores of a certain level.

For example, if you CLICK HERE, you will see admission information related to NYU. Note that it is not necessary to have an economics undergrad degree but there are certain requirements they have. Each University would be slightly different and you would need to contact the admissions for a nearby University you are considering and they will walk you through the steps necessary.

It might take you slightly more than 2 years to complete but it should not be like "starting over."

All the best to you as you look at advancing your degree.

Feel free to request me anytime. Just put "For TeacherGreg" at the front of your post or, even better, bookmark my weblink at and use the question box on my page - still put the "For TeacherGreg" in the front of the post so it is directly sent to me.

Have a wonderful rest of the week.