SpecialistMichael
SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience:  Senior Information Specialist
65186368
Type Your Question Here...

If Dr. John Walvoord is called a General Editor, editor, and/or

If Dr. John Walvoord is called a General Editor, editor, and/or co-editor of The Bible Knowledge Commentary, does that mean that EVERYTHING written in this commentary either comes directly from the mouth and opinion of Dr. John Walvoord, or at the very least, does it mean that Dr. John Walvoord had to sign off on it, which would mean that Dr. John Walvoord said that he agreed with EVERYTHING that was written in this commentary? Thank you for your assistance.
If you have concerns I would definitely look for a statement that says "not all expressed information is a direct statement of (person)" or something along those lines.

Basically it means he is involved in correcting content as well as being an "advisor" of sorts on it but in most cases an editor may not have said it specifically him/herself but did agree or find it acceptable to be put in the final product - to "sign off" on it as you put it.
I wanted to edit the answer to you just in case it wasn't clear - thank you for the request and accept - always great doing business with you!

Anyway what I wanted to add was the following:

Editors by definition are in charge of the final product and in other words is in fact "in charge" of the content within - because of this I would take it as he basically made the final call on the content within whatever publication you are reading.