Mr. Gregory White
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
46856550
Type Your Question Here...
General

How do you remove inaccurate information on a carfax repor

t?
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to answer your questions.

Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask this question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself.

Here are the steps to take to remove information from your carfax report.

Go to the carfax report and locate the incorrect item that you wish to remove. Note the date and time as well as the identification number (if present).

You with then need to gather all of the evidence and information that you have that shows that the information on the carfax report is incorrect.

You will then visit the Carfax corrections claim center by CLICKING HERE

You will then need to fill in all of the requested information (name, address, VIN, etc).

Next you will enter the date of the item that you are disputing and then explain why it is incorrect on the Carfax report and also, why it should be removed.

There is an area to "upload" your documents here - Carfax wants any evidence that you have - scan in any forms or documentation for them and submit with the "Data Research Request"

Once you have submitted, Carfax will review the file and information and then contact you by using either phone or email. At that time they will work with you on processing the request to remove the information.

If you need any further followup, just click on "Reply to Expert"

Have a wonderful rest of the week.