Kim D., Consultant
Experience:  Researcher 25 yrs in small and large institutions
49865320
Type Your Question Here...

I would like to purchase an original oil painting by President

I would like to purchase an original oil painting by President Dwight Eisenhower. Do you know of any original paintings by President Eisenhower that are for sale?
Category: General
Expert:  Kim D. replied 1 year ago.

I do know a dealer of Eisenhower work. Would you like to get in touch with them? This maybe the best way to go as I do not know of any works currently for sale on the markets. This is one of our services to provide direction to resources. I am happy to help provide you their contact information.

Dori

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, Dori,

Thank you for your response. I know of one work that is for sale, but they are asking more than $100,000.00 and that is not reasonable. Most of President Eisenhower's works have sold for less than $5,000.00. He was not a great painter, but I admire him and would like to own one of his works. There was a college in Gettysburg that had one for sale a couple of years ago, but our negotiations broke down. I was at $7,500 and they were at $12,000.

In any event, I would like the contact information for a dealer with specific knowledge of President Eisenhower's work. However, as stated above, I am not interested in inflated pricing.

Thank you again so much for your prompt response.

If the dealer wants to call me my cell phone number is (XXX) XXX-XXXX

Thank you,

Larry

xxxxxxxx J. xxx

www.mediationday.com

Expert:  Kim D. replied 1 year ago.

You are right, Larry, Dwight David "Ike" Eisenhower (1890 - 1969) works have not sold over 7500.00 (USD) in the last five years and most havent been this high. They are some fairly good quality works but the connection to the President means that these will always be a good investment and continue to go up in value so they are very good to find at a reasonable price when the market is low and the Economy is suppressing sales numbers. An excellent collection to pursue.

Here is a known dealer of his work, which is always on the look out for Eisenhower material, Mid America Fine Arts . As well Sloans and Kenyon (MD) and Charleton Hall (SC), Treadway Toomey Galleries (IL, OH) have all sold his work and maybe able to keep your name on hand or direct you to collections that they have worked with.

Lastly if you are serious about finding his work, there is a new online option that you could pursue at askart.com. I believe it is a free service for one artist alerts to tell you when an artist is up for auction at one of the auction houses on their site. It is a highly reputable organization, which is fairly comprehensive and services some of the best houses Worldwide. I would encourage you to look into that option as well. Their information line is at the email info@AskART.com

I hope this helps!

Best wishes, Dori

Mid-America Fine Arts

401 E. Douglas Ave.

Suite 300

Wichita, KS 67202

Phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>
Bdreasher.MaFineArts@gmail.com

Kim D., Consultant
Experience: Researcher 25 yrs in small and large institutions