Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Teacher
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
Type Your Question Here...

my albums containing hundreds of prints were in a flooded store

my albums containing hundreds of prints were in a flooded store room I have spread them out on the floor to dry and now they are buckled. how can I flatten them?
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to answer your questions.

Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask this question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself.

First of all, I am sorry to hear about the situation with your photos. We had a flood in our home a few years ago and lost many of our older photos but they were underwater for a longer period of time.

There were some that we were able to fully dry out and then we placed them under books in order to flatten them. You have to be sure that the pictures are 100% dry before doing this or they will get stuck to the book.

One other thing that we did was to scan our pictures in and then have them reprinted at Walgreens (but you could use any digital photo service). You can take them in store as well and they will assist.

There are times when they are too warped to really be salvaged and making new prints of the pictures could be your best bet in that situation.

I hope my advice was helpful. If you need further followup, just click on Reply to Expert.

Have a wonderful rest of the weekend and I wish you the best as you try to get your photos restored and any other damages that resulted from the flooded storeroom.