Martin, Engineer
Experience:  i'm 41 and i never stopped studying and experimenting
14666028
Type Your Question Here...

I dream t of breaking a voodoo curse that was placed on me,

I dream t of breaking a voodoo curse that was placed on me, with sea salt. I could hear the voices as the curse was being dissolved by the salt and from time to time I found myself naked.
Category: General
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Josie

Yes I would like to continue to wait for an answer but, I think I need to give you more info and unfortunately, it is long windied at best. Let me know if you want me to send more info.

Regards,

Stacey

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your continued patience, no further information is required at this time. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.
Expert:  Martin replied 2 years ago.
Hello. The dream is indeed a bit thin on details. Do you remember the impression about being naked, was this in public? Are you experiencing a particular problem in the last 2 weeks, do you have a recurring problem that never seem to go away?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Frankly, the naked part has no real impression at all. I know where you are going with that. It is not important it was just part of the dream.

I did ask if more info would be helpful, please let me know.

Regards,

Stacey

Expert:  Martin replied 2 years ago.
Yes more info would help. Also, is voodoo part of your culture or was it totally? What about the voices, did they said anything?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, voodoo is not part of my culture. Little background, in 1977, met this Irish woman on a job and it seemed as if she had been waiting for me all her life. It was pure evil, not prejudiced as I am black. Well a lot of things transpired and she ended up putting a curse on me. I tried everything and everyone, charlatans all to no avail. I spent thousand of pounds over the years.

On the 16th of this month, is when I had the dream: I was in this place I don't know where. There was a lot of people around and there was fires burning in different places. I don't know if these people was black or white, I just knew they were up to no good and I got angry and said enough is enough. I started to scream for crystal sea salt, (I had used it before to stop psychic attacks and prevent entities from entering my bedroom). As I was looking for the sea salt I found some and poured it into a big bowl they had put their stuff in (don't know what was in the bowl). It started to foam red and it foamed over and onto the ground. At this time I found myself naked. As the material in the bowl continued to foam all over the place it sound as if there was thousands of voices, some chanting and some screaming as if in agony. I felt relief and as I turned around I saw an old work colleague (actor, Clark Peters) and he was glad to see me and I him. (No, there is no romance connection). Then I woke up.

I'm just trying to find out what it means.

Thanks

Stacey

Expert:  Martin replied 2 years ago.
Voodoo is perhaps no part of you immediate culture but as it is originally from West Africa, you may still have unconscious remnant, vestigial trace of it from your parent that got it from ancestors (oral tradition can last a long time even in a new culture).

Your magical attacker ancestor being Irish probably used a pagan curse of the witchcraft kind (the scene you depict actually look a lot like a Wicca ceremony).

A just OK movie
"The Skeleton Key" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0397101/
that is very interesting as it depict the following point about curse and magic: You have to believe in them for it to work. That is why you hear little of war between nation using curses, different culture have different values, so not believing in other culture magic protect you.

What seem to have happened in your dream is that you used a typical voodoo procedure (also used in many other culture as it also save meat from decay (hence the association with evil)) to destroy the curse. Perhaps using salt in your mind (dream) was the only way to solve the curse. In other way i think that you removed your curse yourself on that 16th night. But as i mentioned, you need to believe that you did for it to work. From the way it show in the dream, i think you do (you did it all from yourself from your own will, intent was present).

The naked thing in this context would represent freeness. The voices could be other free souls (the happy ones) and the angry ones could be the curses givers seeing their work broken.
Martin, Engineer
Experience: i'm 41 and i never stopped studying and experimenting