SpecialistMichael
SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience:  Senior Information Specialist
65186368
Type Your Question Here...

WHAT MEDIEVAL EMPRESS IN THE 15TH OR 16TH CENTURY WAS VERY

WHAT MEDIEVAL EMPRESS IN THE 15TH OR 16TH CENTURY WAS VERY PROMISCUOUS AND TORTURED PEOPLE BY DROWNING THEM?
I'm doing a bit of research on empresses, queens, mistresses to kings and duchess and having trouble matching up the time period to the lady and her "hobbies".

Are you sure of the 15th and 16th century and do you remember off hand what part of Europe or Asia she was in ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

NO, SORRY

Just updating you - I am reading tons and trying to find the closest thing in time period and people, coupled with torture and having little luck.

Initially I figured you meant Marie-Antoinette, who was a promiscuous French royal but actually in the 1700s.

Its worth noting that many women in medieval times, at least those with any sort of notoriety were somewhat promiscuous, at least those who make the "who's who" lists.

There doesn't seem to be many matching up with drowing as the torture though. There are various people of royalty who had some promiscuity issue, but none that are found to torture.
SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience: Senior Information Specialist
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I WAS THINKING CHINESE PEOPLE, BUT THAT WOULDN'T BE MEDIEVIL WOULD IT?

Technically there wasn't a "Medieval" period in China but obviously it existed, but I suppose we could look into the time period and see what comes up.
What about empress Wu Zetian of China? She ruled from October 690 to February 705. She is the only woman in Chinese history to rule in her own right. She was supposedly a ruthless, sadistic and sex-crazed. She ordered tortures, executions and forced suicides and had her rivals exiled or executed, including family members.

According to the histories of the period, Wu Zetian smothered her own week-old daughter by the emperor and blamed the baby’s death on a rival. The emperor believed the story, and imprisoned the rival concubine. Having risen to be empress in her stead, Wu imprisoned another rival and then ordered that both women’s hands and feet be lopped off and had their mutilated bodies tossed into a vat of wine, leaving them to drown with the comment: “Now these two witches can get drunk to their bones.” In spite of her ruthless rise to power, Wu Zetian proved to be a very competent monarch and throughout her reign the legacy of prosperity was bequeathed.

Please let me know if Wu Zetian fits the bill. If so, please be sure to rate my response using the star system so that I can be credited for my time. After that, I will I will be happy continue our discussion if you need any additional information. Good customer service is one of my highest priorities! Please use the REPLY tab with any issues that come up regarding the service you have received. Come back soon and remember to ask for Patience P!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

15TH OR 16TH CENTURY

I found a Russian Empress Elizaveta Romanov who lived around the 1700's, who was Peter and Catherine's daughter . She was not only promiscuous, but she did torture people she had issues with. In one instance, one of the courtiers' ladies started a conspirancy against her, so she had his tongue ripped out and sent him to Siberia.

This family had a history of brutality and promiscuity. You can read more about the history here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1098889/Dynasty-decadence-Behind-Romanovs-glittering-facade-lay-epic-saga-depravity-unspeakable-cruelty.html

I hope this is the information you are seeking since she falls into the criteria of promiscuity, cruelty, and torture.

Joan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

NO ITS TOO LATE, IT WAS THE 15TH OR 16TH CENTURY, AND IT WAS AN EMPRESS WHO DROWN PEOPLE

Sorry I could not be of help. Please do not rate my service, since it was too late. I will have this closed since you seem to have accepted Mike's answer. Joan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

NO, DIDN'T ACCEPT ANY ANSWER BECAUSE IT WAS NOT THE RIGHT TIME ZONE I WAS LOOKING FOR. THANKS ANYWAY