Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Teacher
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
46856550
Type Your Question Here...

how do you get ink out of carpet

how do you get ink out of carpet
Category: General
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to answer your questions.

Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask this question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself.
If the ink stain is still fresh, here are steps to try
1) Wet the corner of a cloth with rubbing alcohol
2) Dab the ink spot over and over while reapplying more rubbing alcohol to the rag.
3) Just keep repeating these steps until the stain is removed.

If the stain has dried, here is one method to try
1) Spray a lubricant (you might use WD40 or Triflow) onto the stain and let it set on it for a few minutes to loosen the stain.
2) Take a sponge that has warm soapy water and wipe the stain.
3) Rinse the area on the carpet with warm water.
4) Let the area completely dry.

There are a couple other ways to try but do so only on a small area as these can damage the carpet depending on the make and type of carpet

1) Use some vinegar water to dab the area of the carpet with a rag.
2) Use oxyclean in water with a rag to dab the area.
3) Dab the carpet with pure soap and water.

Hopefully one of these methods work for you.

All the best and have a wonderful rest of the week.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm still working on it and still getting ink it would have been gone faster if I had been told to put an absorbent towell underneath the spots to help absorb some of the ink that way, when I finally thought of that after hours of absorbing on top it went a some what faster, have about four hours in it so far and still working on it, its slow and maybe sure, maybe not.

Expert:  replied 1 year ago.
I am glad I was helpful with idea. I did not realize this was not on a floor carpet. Yes, if an area rug, then someone underneath to help absorb as well is helpful.

Let me know if anything else I can help with.

If you would, please reconsider my rating if I was helpful at all as I do not receive any credit without 3-5 rating.

:-)
Mr. Gregory White, Teacher
Experience: M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration