Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

I am searching for the perfect home paper filing system. I

I am searching for the perfect home paper filing system. I want to use it for my online classes. I have two classes that each last for 10 weeks each term. I want the filing system to be able to hold papers for each of the 10 units. I hope that this makes sense. Can you help me with this purchase? I do not know where to shop for it. I went to ebay, target, staples, walmart, office depot...

Robin D.
Hi Robin and welcome back to Just Answer.

I'd love to help you find the perfect home paper filing system!

Can you tell me if you prefer metal, plastic, cardboard, what are your size requirements and what is your price range?

What have you seen at the stores (and online) which you mentioned, that you didn't like, and therefore, didn't purchase?

Thanks for all your additional detail.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Cher!

I prefer plastic or cardboard container, case. Price range is under $100. There is no size requirement it just needs to hold 20 slots for each unit in the two classes.

Well, after I wrote to Just Answer I went to amazon to look there. I saw a lot of them that I liked.

Robin D.

Hi again, Robin and thanks for your reply with helpful information.

I'll continue my search for you and perhaps find something that you didn't yet see on Amazon.

I'll be back in touch with you soon.

Best regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you!

Robin D.

Hi again, Robin, and you're most welcome!

Would something like this, interest you? It holds more than you need, but you can just use the space you require, and perhaps use the rest of the room for household or office files, also.

I also found this one, available at Linens-N-Things, which is not housed in any container, taking up less room:{keyword}

Take a look at this selection from The Container Store and see if any item appeals to you:

Please let me know if you have any further questions by clicking 'Reply' and I will be happy to continue our conversation.

If you found my answer helpful, please Rate 'Excellent' or 'Good', so I am credited by the site for my assistance. Thank you very much!

To request me for future questions, simply type "For Cher" to begin your post and I will answer, asap.

Best regards,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi again Cher!

I decided that I want plastic not cardboard that might sag because of the weight of the paper. I just read that in a review of a cardboard box that I was looking at.

I already saw the containers that you referenced. I did not like them.

The brands that I was looking at that I thought I liked were Fellowes 24 compartment 25043, Pacon recycled mailbox storage 001309, Classroom keepers mailbox 30 slots 001318 I was looking at this type of structure.

It is possible that a 10 drawer cart would be adequate but I would have to buy 2.

Will you continue looking while I do the same?

Robin D.

I am about to go back and see if they have

Hi again, Robin and thanks for your reply!

Yes, I will be happy to continue searching for you!

Best regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Cher,

Thank you!

Robin D.

Hi again, Robin.

You're most welcome! : )

Hi again, Robin.

This looks interesting, and won't take up too much room:

Would you be interested in something like this--a storage box for the file folders, or do you want a different 'slot' or 'drawer' for each folder for each class?

How about this one, with 10 drawers, and you can put two files in each drawer, so you don't have to buy two:

Let me know what you think.

Best regards,