SpecialistMichael
SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience:  Senior Information Specialist
65186368
Type Your Question Here...

personal trainer certificate - Looking to get certified as

personal trainer certificate - Looking to get certified as fast as possible. What on line certifications can I take and get certified within a week?
Category: General
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to answer your questions.

Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask this question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself.
Unfortunately, any reputable certifications that are accredited are going to take more than a week to complete. The majority are ones that allow you to study and progress at your own rate, but will still likely take more time than that unless you were really able to move through the course quickly.

Two that I found that are both accredited for you to review (and sample if you like) are

1) Personal Trainer Certification online with ISSA (accredited) - CLICK HERE for information website.

2) Now, this one is free and states you just need to study and pass the test in order to get the certification. I am not as sure about the accreditation for this one (especially since free program) but might be one that you can complete more quickly (maybe in your week timeline or closer to it). CLICK HERE for the information website on this.

Feel free to request me anytime. Just put "For Greg" at the front of your post or, even better, bookmark my weblink at www.GregPearl.com and use the question box on my page - still put the "For TeacherGreg" in the front of the post so it is directly sent to me.

All the best and have a wonderful rest of the week.
Expert:  SpecialistMichael replied 1 year ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist under the NSCA and have a Master's degree in physiology.

I would like to give you a suggestion - take the time to learn and go with NASM or something other that ISSA.

ISSA certifications in the industry, because they are basically pay through mail certification actually are starting to almost lose "credit" compared to those that require a strong understanding of the subjects. There are people who truly have zero understand of the human body, and can't even grasp the proper execution of even the most basic of exercises "Certified" with ISSA. Don't get me wrong, if you simply want to have a certificate that means very little compared to something academically accredited, then this would be fine. If you feel you are going to learn this through and through then thats OK with me if its OK with you. But if you are actually concerned with providing a quality service, being competitive with employers and prospective clients(because they will look into your certs) then you need to choose something different. Not all certs are created the same. The paycheck will reflect this.

For example, NSCA has a strong presence in the fitness community because their CPTs actually have degrees in human movement and physiology so they actually understand what appropriate progression is and proper prescription. Alot of ISSA trainers that I have met are seriously providing garbage quality to alot of their clients - this is because there is a perception of "ease" with quality training and a misconception that PT(in a serious sense) is something trivial.

Take your time, stick with something of better quality like NASM or NSCA and avoid actioncertification.com like its the 2012 flu.

Trust me, the results in having better quality certifications are worth the small amount of time.

Take the time to rate this answer after you have read it so I know where you stand on the subject please.
SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience: Senior Information Specialist

I should also point out there is no guarantee about certification within a week - even the ISSA book which i have seen is like 2-3 inches thick, so imagine this in online content. Despite attracting some people that are detrimental to the trade, there is still a ton of information to learn and assimilate.

Its important to understand this as the trade is very deranged. If you have more questions on fitness or training, please do ask.

Please remember to rate this question or ask any followups.

SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Tell me your thoughts on this.

Hit reply to let me know what you need specifically.