SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience:  Senior Information Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

One day, I was playing the Sims 3 Pets video game on Playstation

One day, I was playing the Sims 3 Pets video game on Playstation 3. I sent my sim/pet outside the house. I tried to send my sim/pet back inside the house, but they wouldn't even go near the house! And a little bubble appeared above their heads that has a footprint symbol with an x symbol over it. It's like my sim/pet got locked outside the house. Could someone explain what's going on and how I can resolve this problem? I need help like RIGHT NOW. If someone could please respond IMMEDIATELY, I would greatly appreciate it.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX thanks for using JustAnswer. We have worked together in the past. I hope your new year is going well.

How old is the sim pet you are having issues with??

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
She is an adult cat. But it's not just the pet that does this. My human Sims have also gotten locked out too. The female Sim is a young adult, and the male Sim is an adult. The male and female Sims are both really good friends. The Sim cat, Lucy is the family pet. Could there be a glitch in the game? If so, how do I get rid of the glitch?
What have you added(if anything) recently to the door, or the first room when you enter the home recently?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Well, most recently, I have added a hot tub and a guitar to my home. I've also tried to quit and restart the game. That didn't help. I even went to the buy/build mode and I deleted the front door and put in another door. That didn't help either. And two of my sims are really hungry, and tired, and in need of the bathroom. What do I do?
Well what I would try is seeing if the hottub itself is the culprit - the little footprint with "x" means they are unable to. In some cases the door can be blocked, LOCKED, or possibly there isn't enough room for the "door to open".

See if you can open the door, select the pet and allow them to come in the house. Sometimes in certain cases the doors actually lock, and if you haven't selected them to stay unlocked you need to select and instruct.

In regards XXXXX XXXXX people, you may need to direct them to do what they need to. Try unlocking the doors first and making sure there is enough "room". Then direct them if needed.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi. I just got rid of the hot tub, but it did not help, as the hot tub was outside in the back yard. I have tried several times to direct my sims and pets to what I want them to do. So far, nothing. The door is unlocked. This is really frustrating. And I don't want to have to start over.
Did you go into Buy mode and move them in?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Okay. I just tried a different solution. I moved my family to a different location. It seems to be working, since I don't have this problem anymore. But I wonder how long this solution will last...? Well thanks for your help. I appreciate it.
My pleasure - sometimes the sims can be a little tricky.

Remember you can always request me for your general questions, and especially anything fitness related by using this link

Have a great weekend.