Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781
Type Your Question Here...

I need to hire some one for the day to day management of my

I need to hire some one for the day to day management of my upcoming website who will put the advertisers templates into the site, put daily editorials in to the home page, put daily editorials into the Daily emails which go out to the subscribers,to make changes to the "shopping mall" make changes in the content of the website, correct minor problems.1- What title would this person have,?2-what qualifications should he/she have,? 3-how should I describe the job responsibility the job responsibilities?
Thanks
Hello and thank you for requesting me.

What it sounds like you are looking for is a website manager or webmaster , I would go with website manager as the title as they will be managing the site.

How you write your ad will depend on what shopping cart software or web platform you decide to use for the site because you are going to want someone preferably with experience in that.

Here is an example of what you might use for an ad to hire this person.

Website Manager Position:

We are looking for a talented Website Manager to join our team and manage our ecommerce website. The primary focus of this position will be day-to-day management of the online store.

Responsibilities will include: day to day management of online store, integration of affiliate advertisments, web design and site updates, email marketing campaigns, editing and adding of new products to online store.

[Depending on how much you are planning on paying this person you need to adjust the experience time requirements. For example an experienced website manager with 3 to 5 years experience is not going to work cheap. So if you have a low budget lower the experience to maybe 1 year or so. If this were a full time employee you should expect to pay 40k or more per year. If you get someone who will work hourly you should expect to be paying around $40 or more per hour for someone good.]

Requirements:
3-5+ years of working experience in website management
3-5+ years of working experience in web development and/or web design
Knowledge of social media and email marketing
Ability to read and write HTML and CSS
Working knowledge of [Whatever Shopping Cart/Platform you go with] a plus
Wornking knowledge of best SEO practices
Ability to convert client requests into specific technical requirements
Strong leadership, communication, analytical, and teamwork skills
Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills

Next you would probably want to list benefits if there are any.

If you need more information please let me know.

Thank you,
Chris
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

http://flexuslab.com/slshrt/mockups/

This is a link to the mock up of the website

I copyrighted it and have a programmer programming it,tweeking it and am getting ready to launch it.

I have seo,social marketing, writer,challenges and shopping mall manager covered

I need someone to -put in the updates for the shopping mall,updates for the home page,"what's new",and the daily email to the members,they will be given all of the content from me , there job will be to put content in ,take out and monitor the website for malfunctions,

sorry if I wasn't clear fyi I am not technical

The mock up looks great. very slick.

Most of what I wrote for you would still apply to the person you are looking for. You may not want to call them manager though.

I would just list it as web designer instead of manager.

Ability to read and write HTML and CSS

We are looking for a talented Website Designer to join our team. The primary focus of this position will be day-to-day website content updates as well as creation and maintenance of email marketing campaigns.

Responsibilities will include: Content updates as directed, Daily email newletter creation and sending , web site monitoring for issues and bugs.

Please let me know if you need more.

Thanks,
Chris

Did you still need help with this? I see that you viewed my replies but did not rate my answers.

I do not get any credit for my time spent with you until you rate positively which I hope you will do.

If you needed more information please just reply and let me know.

Thanks,
Chris