Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

do you know about indiegogo. i need help

do you know about indiegogo. i need help with my [email protected] phone XXX XXX XXXX andy

Hello, Andy and welcome to Just Answer.

Indiegogo is a site that allows anyone to start a campaign to raise money for their idea. The site is set up to enable users to create a specific page for their funding campaign and they can also set up an account with PayPal to receive their donations. A list of 'perks' can be offered for different donation levels. Publicity for their campaign can be achieved by advertising on social media sites. For example, users can publicize their projects on their own, through Facebook, Twitter and other similar social media sites.

Indiegogo charges a 4% fee for successful campaigns. However, for campaigns that fail to raise their targeted amount, users have the option of either refunding all the money collected, to their contributors at no charge, or they may choose to keep all the money they raised, and pay a 9% fee. The important difference between Indiegogo and similar sites is that Indiegogo gives out the funds immediately, as soon as the contributions are collected through the user's PayPal accounts. The site also offers direct credit card payments through their own portal, however, those funds are not disbursed until up to two weeks after a campaign ends, so it's not as immediate as if PayPal were used for the donations.

You can learn much more about the company and how to start and/or improve your campaign at the company's main website: http://www.indiegogo.com/ Look at the menu on the right hand side and click on any link to get more information. Search ongoing campaigns through the site to get ideas on how best to start or improve yours.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please click 'Reply to Expert' before rating, direct your reply to me, "Cher", and I will be glad to continue our conversation.

Please rate with positive feedback (a smiley face) when you are satisfied with my answer and before exiting the site. Thanks very much!

Please remember, your satisfaction is always my greatest priority and my only goal is to provide you with Excellent Service!

~~If you wish to request me for future questions, simply type "For Cher' to begin your post in my question box here: http://www.justanswer.com/general/expert-Cher/ and I will answer asap!~~

If you don't see a rating box or have any trouble rating, please let me know. Thanks!

Best regards,
Cher

Hi again, Andy and thanks for your reply and your positive rating.

I'm sorry, we are not permitted to call clients directly; we are only permitted to communicate through the site.

If you have any additional questions, please ask them here and I will try my best to help you further.

Best regards,
Cher