Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Senior Informational Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

My cat passed about a month ago. I dreamed I was walking in

My cat passed about a month ago and he is the love of my life. I am devasted. I dreamed I was walking in a forest and down a small hill. There were a lot of animals there all sorted by different breeds. At the bottom of the hill were alot of Maine Coon cats, which my cat was. A kitten walked out of the group and it looked just like my cat did when he was a kitten. A flea jumped off of it. This was very evident in the dream and then I bent down and told the cat as soon as I had enough money I would be back to get it. I can't get this dream out of my mind. I feel as tho the cat was my maine coon. What was he trying to tell me?

Category: General
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dear Josie, That is alright. But I would love to know as soon as you can. What I am hoping to hear is that he is coming to get me. I have no life without him and Jesus knows this so just maybe....Scoobie is my soul mate. Thank you for letting me know.

Stayce

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hi Stayce, and welcome to Just Answer.

Thanks very much for your patience. My apologies that you did not receive an earlier answer. Different experts are online at various times and I just logged in and read your question.

My heartfelt condolences on the recent passing of your beloved Scoobie. I recently lost a furry boy of my own, so I can empathize with the way your feeling.

Seeing Scoobie in your dream, in a forest-like setting and with other cats and animals, indicates that of course, he's very present in both your conscious and sub-conscious mind, because you miss him so much and he was such a big part of your life; however, seeing him as a kitten, shows that he has returned to a place where no pet is sick, they are free to romp and play and be 'young' again, and you and he are going to be reunited one day.

If Scoobie had, at one time, been troubled by fleas and you took care of it or perhaps didn't have the money to take care of that problem or an illness that he had, this may be why, in your dream, you told him as soon as you had the money you would be back for him. You may be feeling that if you had more money, perhaps you could have done more for him and he would be here now.

The appearance of Scoobie in your dream doesn't mean he's coming to get you; it's not your time yet. It means that one day, you will be reunited in a beautiful place, where there is no illness or sadness, like the one you envisioned in your dream which is similar to the one described in this poem:
http://rainbowbridge.com/Poem.htm

Picturing Scoobie in a place like this, is helping to ease your grief in some small way, and you both know he will always be in your heart.

Perhaps when you feel ready, you can get another cat or kitten to love and cherish and considering the wonderful life you gave Scoobie, any cat you adopt would be very lucky!

My best thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please click 'Reply to Expert' before rating, direct your reply to me, "Cher", and I will be glad to continue our conversation.

Please rate with positive feedback (a smiley face) when you are satisfied with my answer. Thanks very much! Your satisfaction is always my greatest priority and my only goal is to provide you with Excellent Service!

~~If you wish to request me in the future, simply type "For Cher' to begin your post in my question box here: http://www.justanswer.com/general/expert-Cher/ and I will answer asap!~~

Best regards,
Cher

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So there was no communication between us? Does he know I had this dream and that it was his way to let me know he is alright? I have him registered on the rainbow bridge site you referred to and I talk to him several times a day.

Thank you Cher.

Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hi again, Stayce and you're most welcome!

Thanks for your reply. I had a feeling you might already know about the Rainbow Bridge site! : )

No, there was communication between you and yes, he knows you had this dream and it was his way of telling you not to worry and he is alright. I'm sure talking to him on the Rainbow Bridge site several times a day is helping you feel better, so I'm glad you're doing it!

Best regards,
Cher

Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience: M.A., B.A., Author, Senior Informational Specialist
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you once again. Just one more question...Do you think he would understand if I got another cat? Or perhaps be alittle offended. I could not stay in the room when they put him down. Did he feel left alone and abandoned? I don't know. Scoobie is my life. I need him back.

Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hi again, Stayce and you're most welcome.

Thanks very much for your positive feedback and for your reply.

Yes, I definitely think he would understand if you got another cat. He doesn't want you to be sad and he will not be upset or offended if you did this. Also, you would be giving another kitty the advantages of a safe, and very loving home, just like you did for him, so he would want you do to this, but only when you feel ready.

I couldn't stay in the room when my furry boy was put to sleep, either, so I know exactly how you feel. No, he most assuredly did not feel left alone and abandoned, because he knows how much he meant to you and you to him, and you said your goodbyes beforehand. The vet was very gentle and spoke soothingly to him, and Scoobie was first given an injection to sedate him, and he drifted off into a peaceful sleep and didn't feel a thing.

I know you need him back, and you will be reunited one day at the Rainbow Bridge, but for now, you will go through your mourning period and then when you feel the time is right, you will adopt another cat if you feel that's what you want to do, and this adoption will be in Scoobie's honor. No other cat is ever going to be like him, but will have it's own personality and you will forge your own bonds with him or her. Scoobie will always be in your heart, and once you have another cat in your life he will be happy that you are happy, once more.

Best regards,
Cher