Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Senior Informational Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

Why is it that right now im looking at the moon and i can see

Why is it that right now im looking at the moon and i can see a big white ring like if the moon has a lot of light
Can someone explain
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Miguel and welcome back to Just Answer!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to answer your very interesting question tonight.

The ring around the moon (called a halo) is the result of the refraction of the light of the moon, which is of course, reflected sunlight (as the moon gives off no light of it's own), from upper atmosphere ice crystals. These ice crystals typically have a hexagonal (six sided) shape which focuses the light into a ring.

Interestingly, it is said that a ring around the moon is a prediction that bad weather is on its way, and this is usually true in many cases. This is possible, because the ice crystals that cover the halo indicate very high, thin cirrus clouds that normally appear about one or two days before a warm front. A warm front is typically associated with a low pressure system or storm. The belief is, that the number of stars present within a moon's halo will indicate the number of days before the bad weather will occur. You can see more details and beautiful pictures, here

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please click 'Reply to Expert' before rating, direct your reply to me, "Cher", and I will be glad to continue our conversation.

Please rate with positive feedback (a smiley face) when you are satisfied with my answer. Thanks very much! Your satisfaction is always my greatest priority and my only goal is to provide you with Excellent Service!

~~If you wish to request me in the future, simply type your question here: http://www.justanswer.com/general/expert-Cher/ add "For Cher" to begin your post, and I will answer asap!~~

Best regards XXXXX XXXXX Holidays!
Cher

Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience: M.A., B.A., Author, Senior Informational Specialist
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hi again, Miguel.

Just following up with you to see how everything is going and if you found my answer helpful.

If you need any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask me by clicking on 'Reply to Expert', include 'For Cher', and I will answer as soon as possible.

I hope you are satisfied with the information included in my answer.

Thanks very much for the opportunity to be of help and thank you for using Just Answer!

Best wishes,
Cher
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank and yes it was very helpful
If I have any more questions like this I will be contacting you
One again thanks
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hi again, Miguel and you're most welcome!

It's my pleasure to be of help to you and yes, please request me in the future, for any questions, by beginning your post with my name, "For Cher" and I will be glad to assist you!

Since you found my answer helpful, it would be appreciated if you could please take a moment to leave me positive feedback. If you do not see a ratings box or are having trouble rating, please reply back and I will have this taken care of for you. Thanks very much! Laughing

Best regards,
Cher