Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

Did Ahithophel go to Heaven or Hell? To the best of my knowledge

Did Ahithophel go to Heaven or Hell? To the best of my knowledge and as far as I know, there is only one Ahithophel in The Bible. But in the event there is more than one Ahithophel in The Bible, the Ahithophel that I am talking about is King David's friend that became King David's enemy by siding with Absalom. Thank you for your assistance.

Hello again Jaime, and welcome back to JustAnswer!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to help you with your question today.

Ahithophel went to Hell for the sin of committing suicide after God attributes his counsel to foolishness regarding Absalom and David. Ahithophel believed that God was too lenient on David for his sins of adultery with Bathsheba and later, the murder of her husband. He carried this in his heart for many years and wanted revenge against David. God attributed Ahithophel's counsel to foolishness proving that offense and rebellion won't ever be supported by God, even if it appears justified from another individual's viewpoint.

You can read about this in more detail, here: http://www.spcconline.org/weekly_rhema_details.php?key=130

____________________________________

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please click 'Reply to Expert' before rating, direct your reply to me, "Cher", and I will be glad to continue our conversation.

Please rate with positive feedback (a smiley face) when you are satisfied with my answer. Thanks very much! Your satisfaction is always my greatest priority and my only goal is to provide you with Excellent Service!

~~If you wish to request me for a new question in the future, simply type "For Cher' to begin your post and I will answer asap!~~

Best regards XXXXX XXXXX Holidays!
Cher