pdheslin
pdheslin, Consultant
Experience:  20+ years of internet site creation and search engine optimization. Dozens of search tools at my disposal.
60622861
Type Your Question Here...

One evening around a couple of months ago, I was home from

One evening around a couple of months ago, I was home from a long car drive and sat down to rest before taking a shower. I was sitting at the edge of the sofa next to an open door. I felt a presence standing next to me in the doorway, I thought it was my mother, thinking that probably she just came out of the bathroom. I looked over my shoulder but there was nobody there. And in an instant, I felt a cool, breezy wave enter my body from my left side. Sort of between the chest and stomach. I think that "I saw" it but not with my own eyes. I don't know how to explain this! It seemed like a white/bluish cool wave with little white beads or pearls. I'm not sure if I'm being clear here! It entered me with a little force and shook me. And spread from my left side to the rest of my body, spreading coolness over me. Not cold, but cool. I was at the same time: startled, confused, feeling good, feeling cool. A second later I felt 'oh, my God, this is strange, I ought to be scared' so I felt scared and worried and started to sweat. Then I went and sat with my mother and the rest of the family in order not to be alone.
What was that? What happened to me?
Category: General
Expert:  pdheslin replied 1 year ago.

pdheslin :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a psychic meduim. I've been studying After Death Communications for over 30 years. What you have experienced is not uncommon, and many people who have experienced the same type of energy, and sensations, are very aware of a loved one's presence.

pdheslin :

There are many legitimate science based studies that have been done in the last 20 years on this type of experience.

pdheslin :

A popular book, "Hello From Heaven" by Bill and Judy Guggenheim compiled dozens of stories from real people just like you, who have experienced what they consider to be communication from those who have passed. A beautiful documentary was done by Linda Ellerbee and HBO, called, Life After Life, which looked deeper into the experience of After Death Communication (ADC) from the skeptic as well as the believer's view. It also highlighted the work of Dr. Gary Schwartz, a Harvard professor who was doing work at the University of Arizona, testing psychic mediums and their ability to accurately sense information coming through for a "sitter".

pdheslin :

The documentary is in 9 - 10 minutes parts on YouTube, beginning here: Life After Life

pdheslin :

Only you can say what you experienced - a dr., a religious person, a skeptic, or a scientist cannot definitely say what you experienced. My humble opinion after years and years of study from a personal perspective, and looking for scientific data about these experiences is that you experienced an after death communication from a loved one who has crossed over. Nothing to be afraid of, but something to cherish.

pdheslin :

If you would like to discuss further, or would like more resources such as the book or video I provided, I would be happy to share with you.

pdheslin :

Warmly,

pdheslin :

Pam Heslin

Customer:

Hi Pam,

Customer:

What does it mean when you say "crossed over"?

Customer:

And how can I know who this loved one is?

Customer:

Another question, please: why did this "entity" or whatever it was, why did it enter my body? Or did it even enter? I'm not well-read on this subject, so more clarification would be most welcome. I'm also going to check out the resources you suggest.

pdheslin :

Thank you - crossed over, means a person who died - "Crossed Over" to the Other Side of the veil as some put it.

pdheslin :

If it happens again, you learn who it is, by asking them. It would have to be someone you either know, or has been in your family cirlce.

pdheslin :

I know it felt like the energy "entered" your body, but it truly did not enter into your body. Those were simply sensations of the energy around you, within your own energy field. Don't worry - an entity cannot enter your body.

Customer:

Thanks! That

Customer:

that's reassuring

Customer:

I'm not sure i want it to happen again, it's interesting but at the same time kind of spooky

pdheslin :

You're welcome :) I'm glad that you did perceive it to be a fairly positive experience...until your brain started questioning it (rightly so) If it happens again, say, "Hello!" :)

pdheslin :

Also, if it's an unwelcome experience, feel free to tell it so and ask it to not return. You are in complete control.

Customer:

Can I ask you why this kind of thing happens? Why now, for example?

Customer:

Is there a way that I can prepare for the next time it happens?

Customer:

Do I also have control on when it happens?

Customer:

Sorry for so many questions!! :)

pdheslin :

No problem, I love questions and discussion around this subject.

pdheslin :

There can be many reasons that it happens -- the botXXXXX XXXXXne is the person who crossed wants to express, "I'm still here! I still love you - I'm still involved and can see what's going on your life."

pdheslin :

They are ultimately in control of whether or not they work to bring through their energy. Just as if you'd walk up to someone in the mall and say "Hello" you can't make them hello back to you. It's their choice.

pdheslin :

But if you want to try to connect with a loved one who has passed -- there are things you can do to step up your awareness, and your ability to tune into those energies who are looking to communicate. You can do meditation to quiet the day to day mind thoughts - and to be able to sense the energy. But that alone is not enough - it's good to learn about it, how it happens, why it happens, etc.

pdheslin :

You can have control of NOT making it happen - 100% control if you don't want it to happen again.

Customer:

Can I know who it is?

pdheslin :

You can learn to ask, but then you have to learn what you're getting. For example, there are some that see faces. Some hear names. Some get symbols that get them to say another word - for example, one medium was giving a reading and giving details about the personality coming through (how they passed, what relationship etc.) and said, "He keeps showing me a rubber ducky". The client laughed, because it was "Uncle Dougie" but they used to call him "Uncle Ducky".

pdheslin :

You and I have to use the limited language of verbs, nouns, etc, but spirit speaks in the rich language of symbolism.

Customer:

I understand.

Customer:

I keep guessing, but my gut feeling tells me that my guessing is actually getting in the way!

Customer:

This is so weird

pdheslin :

That can happen! That's why we meditate - - we call it "the monkey mind" -- the chatter. And the fear based mind, and you know the voice that says, "you're not rich/thin/pretty/good enough" ;)

pdheslin :

We learn to quite that part of the mind, so the intuitive, spiritual, sensing mind can use every part of our body to sense subtle energy.

pdheslin :

So there you have it -- spirit communication 101, Reader's Digest version :)

Customer:

Thanks so much for your help :) You know, I

Customer:

I've always been a logical thinking person, but recently this past year, I've been learning how to be more spiritual, meditating, etc.

Customer:

It's so interesting

pdheslin :

It happens to the best of us :) I used to be very skeptical, but the spirit world kept tapping me on the shoulder. That's why I searched for scientific reasons for my experiences as well.

pdheslin :

I'm here if you want more information on it....enjoy that video, it's very touching and informative.

Customer:

I guess now I'll sleep on this and if tomorrow I don't have any more questions I'll rate this Excellent - I hope I can still ask you if more questions pop up in my mind

pdheslin :

Absolutely, I'd love to!

Customer:

Thanks :)

pdheslin :

Please do remember to rate me, so that I can get credit for my work here. Have a wonderful evening :)

Customer:

Sure, I will :)

pdheslin :

Make sure your journal your dreams - it's when the ego mind goes to sleep and you can have downloads and visits. Sometimes dreams are just working out stuff from the day ,but sometimes it's more. I'm here if you need me!

pdheslin, Consultant
Experience: 20+ years of internet site creation and search engine optimization. Dozens of search tools at my disposal.